Dr. Elizabeth C. Ortiz
A Rheumatologist with experience
Dr. Elizabeth Ortiz is a double board-certified Internist and Rheumatologist with over 12 years’ experience. (see what others have said about her) She has cared for thousands of patients with conditions ranging from the rare & complex to the more common. (find out what conditions rheumatologist treat here)
Her experience caring for patients from all backgrounds, managing teams of diverse disciplines and educating students at all levels, makes Dr. Ortiz uniquely capable of bringing academic level care directly to the patient.
Dr. Ortiz has a talent for making the complex, understandable. She is especially interested in how lifestyle changes and complimentary therapies can be used to supplement state-of-the-art therapy. She finds true joy accompanying patients along their journey, providing guidance, expertise and care.
Knowledgable and ready to work with you
Born and raised in Texas, Dr. Elizabeth Ortiz is excited to bring the experience she gained in New York City and Los Angeles home. Traditional third-party payer systems place unreasonable restraints and limitations on providers, therefore Dr. Ortiz opted out and is an out-of-network provider. This allows Dr. Ortiz to use the skills and expertise she has honed to the best of her ability. This also minimizes administrative challenges and permits an intentionally intimate staff.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Ortiz enjoys travel, movies and attending live music & theater events – all of which were challenging during Covid-19, but (fingers crossed!) are coming back! When not at a show, she has relished in her favorite niece & nephew!
Education & Experience
- BS Biomedical Science, Magna Cum Laude, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- MD Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City, NY
- Los Angeles County+University of Southern California (LAC+USC) Internal Medicine Internship & Residency, Los Angeles, CA
- LAC+USC Rheumatology Fellowship, Los Angeles, CA
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Director of the LAC+USC Medical Center Lupus Clinic, Los Angeles, CA
- Director of LAC+USC Medical Center Rheumatology Clinics, Los Angeles, CA
- Musculoskeletal System Chair, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Program Director, Rheumatology Fellowship, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Board Certifications & Memberships
- Board Certified – American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- Board Certified – American Board of Internal Medicine – Rheumatology
- Board Certified – Patient Advocate Certification Board
- Fellow Member of the American College of Rheumatology